The Perseus series motherboard is a Storage Bridge Bay (SBB) 2.0 compliant blade design based on the advanced Intel Cranberry Lake hardware platform. It is the first hot-pluggable motherboard design ever following an industry standard, and offering board-to-board communication path allowing users to design an all-in-one high-availability system.
Designed to support a single Intel 5000 series Xeon processor and an onboard Maxim VSC7157 3G SAS Expander, Perseus is capable of supporting up to 24x SAS/SATA hard disk drives in a single enclosure. Optional LSI 1068e SAS IOC Mezzanine module allows users to run software RAID over this platform. A second optional PCIe x8 Quad-GbE Mezzanine module is provided for high bandwidth network connectivity, and a third PCIe x8 slot is routed to the chassis mid-plane for further I/O expansion use.
Perseus SBB 2.0 motherboard is a modular and pluggable design suitable for enterprise-class storage appliance application, and can be used in various SBB 2.0 compliant storage enclosures from AIC from 12 to 24 bays.
- Support a single Intel quad-core or dual-core 5000 series processor along with the Intel 5100 MCH for superior performance and low power-consumption
- 5~7 years of product life cycle (Based on chipset roadmap)
- Support hot-plug and fail-over path to the second motherboard
- Quad-GbE Mezzanine over PCIe x8 bus for host connectivity
- LSI 1068e SAS IOC Mezzanine over PCIe x8 bus + onboard Maxim 36-PHY SAS expander for support up to 24x SAS/SATA disks
- SBB 2.0 compliant, supporting any SBB 2.0 compliant enclosure
- Ideal for enterprise NAS, iSCSI, SAN Gateway, and other storage application appliances
Please see datasheet for more detail
Dimension: 10.7" x 8" (272mm x 202mm)
Processor: Supports Single LGA771 socket to support Intel Dual Core/Quad Core Xeon processors Single LGA771 socket to support Intel Dual Core/Quad Core Xeon processors (Clovertown, Wolfdale-DP, Harpertown)
Memory: 2 DIMM slots support up to 16 GB of DDR2 533/667 Reg ECC SDRAM. 2 MB System Flash. 8 MB IO Processors Flash. 4 MB Expander Flash + 2 MB Expander SDRAM
Expansion: Compact Flash port. External Mini SAS connector. 7 x High-Speed connectors for SBB Canister to Backplane. 2 x 2x50 High-Speed Board-to-Board Connectors. 1 x 2x70 High-Speed Board-to-Board Connectors
Weight (lbs): 3.00