The EliteNAS EN208W+BXE NAS / iSCSI Unified Storage series is a comprehensive feature-dense 2U 8-bay NAS rackmount with Intel Dual Core Processor and 2GB DDR-2 ECC memory. Based on Microsoft Storage Server 2008, the EN208W+BXE is a performance tuned NAS server with iSCSI initiator and target support. It provides a unified file-level based and block-level based access in one single storage. Advance storage technology such as file duplication (SIS, Single Instant Storage), replication (DFSR, Distributed File System Replication) and snapshot (VSS, Volume Shadow Copy Serves) are provided without additional cost. The EliteNAS EN208W+BXE also designed with built-in hardware RAID 5 and 6 protections with up to 24TB of storage capacity and dual Gigabit Ethernet ensuring optimal performance in your storage environment. Built-in hot-swappable redundant power supply along with the RAID 1 for OS hard drives are designed to minimize system down time. Optional expansion upgrade allows expansion for up to 7 more additional EliteSTOR SAS Expander JBOD storages or a total of 122 drives, making a total of 366TB storage in a network sharing or iSCSI environment.
Dual Gigabit and RAID Protection
EliteNAS Windows NAS / iSCSI Unified Storage hardware come standard with dual 10/100/1000 network and hardware RAID support. Dual 10/100/1000 network ports support network teaming or redundant networking providing sufficient performance for your critical data. Build-in hardware RAID not only provide peace of mind by providing redundancy for hard drive failure but also allows offload of complex RAID parity calculate to dedicated RAID engines;resulting lower CPU utilization from host computer/server.
Feature Rich Network Storage - Built-in De-duplication, Snapshot, Folder Replication and iSCSI
EliteNAS EN208W+BXE with Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2008 (WSS2008) provides file and block level storage services built-in on Windows Server 2008. File based access fully support Active Directory in CIFS and NFS. Block level storage supported by providing both iSCSI initialor and target. WSS2008 is optimized for performance in file serving role, as well as standard Single Instant Storage (SIS) for de-duplication, Volume Shadow Copy service (VSS) for snapshot and Distributed File System Replication (DFS-R) for file replication.
iSCSI for Hyper-V Host and Guest
With Hyper-V, the Microsoft hypervisor-based server virtualization technology enables customers to make the best use of the server hardware investments by running multiple/different operating systemsóWindows, Linux, and others simultaneously using only a single server to fully leverage the true power of latest computer processor technology. WSS2008's build-in iSCSI support enable Hyper-V guest to expand the storage via iSCSI. It also supports shared iSCSI storage with SCSI-3 persistent target.
Additional Storge Expansion-No Storage Expansion Gateway License Needed
In order to maximize the return on investment, the EN208W+BXE allows additional direct attached or storage area network storage connected to EN208W+BXE as NAS or iSCSI without additional storage expansion gateway costs.
- Based on Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2008 (WSS2008) for unified storage in file based NAS and block based iSCSI application.
- Intel Dual Core processor.
- 2GB ECC DDR2 memory; upgradeable to 4GB.
- Supports latest the 2TB SATA II hard drive.
- Hardware RAID 0, 1, 1+0, 5 and 6 with spare.
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet.
- Convenient setup and easy maintenance. Support Remote Desktop Connections, Remote Web Administration, and Windows Server Remote Administration Applet
- Supports CIFS and NFS
- Support Windows Active Directory Service.
- Support de-duplication by using Single Instant Storage (SIS)
- Support replication by using Distributed File System Replication (DFS-R)
- Support Snapshot by using Volume Shadow Copy service (VSS)
- Supports iSCSI.
- Supports iSCSI target and initiator.
- Supports Microsoft Hyper-V Server
- Optional SAS hard drives support with expansion
- SAS and SATA drives can be used simultaneously in the same unit.
- Support RAID level 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 30, 50 and 60
- Built-in Expansion port allow expansion up to 122 drives or 7 units.
- Optional 10GbE Ethernet controller card for 10GbE Network.
- RAID Level: Hardware RAID 0, 1, 1+0, 5 and 6 RAID with Hot Spare
- Maximum Capacity: 24TB
- Hot-Swappable: Yes
- Chipset: Intel 3200
- Network: On-board 2 x 1000/100/10 (Marvell 88E8056)
- Certifications & Compliance: FCC, CE, UL, RoHS