FastTrak TX Series
A unique combination of the reliability of Promise RAID technology with the economy of a software RAID solution and the flexibility of SAS/SATA connectivity.
Features & Benefits:
Cost-effective SAS/SATA Featuring RAID 0/1/5/10/JBOD/SPAN
PROMISE FastTrak family offers an economical solution and SPAN storage system with up to eight high-performance SAS or SATA disk drives using the latest industry protocols to enhance performance and reliability. The FastTrak provides a flexible, cost-effective RAID controller in entry server, workstation and desktop markets.
PROMISE\’s Proven RAID Engine
The FTTX2650 delivers fast, efficient, and reliable RAID levels 0/1 and JBOD while the FTTX4650 includes RAID 5 & 10 using PROMISE\’s enterprise proven technology. FTTX4660/FTTX8660 also supports SAS (Non-RAID) mode for general storage application without RAID. The flexible FastTrak family allows you to choose the best fit for your application:
- RAID 0 – Maximum capacity and performance without any fault tolerance
- RAID 1 – Maximum data protection
- RAID 5 – Balance of capacity plus data protection
- RAID 10 – Drive redundancy plus capacity and performance
- JBOD – single, non-array drive
- SPAN – concatenated stripe
FastTrak’s Advanced Features
The low-profile form factor FastTrak PCI adapter incorporates many of PROMISE Technology\’s advanced host bus adapter features. The 66MHz PCI bus supports up to 266MB/sec burst data transfer rate. Moreover , the low-profile, form-factor FastTrak PCI Express Express controller includes a 64-bit LBA support for logical drives above 2TB with the onboard BIOS automatically identifying and configuring drive types. The Web-based PROMISE Array Management (WebPAM) software provides users easy installation, configuration and operation. PROMISE\’s Metadata on Disk, simplifies disaster recovery efforts by enabling migration to replacement hardware. PROMISE\’s Metadata on Disk simplifies disaster recovery efforts by enabling migration to replacement hardware.
- Data handling optimizations include elevator seek and load
- Supports hot-swap of failed drives
- Online capacity expansion and RAID level migration to add capacity as needed<
- MetaData on Disk (MDD) for drive roaming>
- Web Based Promise Array Manager (WebPAM)
- Native Command Queuing
- Disk Activity LED Headers