The TowerRAID TR5UT+ is a 5-bay hardware RAID 5 storage tower that utilizes high performance USB 3.0 and eSATA interfaces to provide over 200MB/s in performance. The included USB 3.0 is backwards compatible with widely available USB 2.0 ports, which is a convenient feature when both USB 3.0 and eSATA connections are unavailable. With built-in RAID 0, 1, 10, 3, 5 with hot-spare and JBOD, the TR5UT+ provides hardware RAID redundancy protection against hard drive failures. A brand new RAID mode, CLONE or N-Way Mirror, is also introduced to replicate the saved data throughout each installed hard drive. The RAID engine is embedded within the enclosure and performs all RAID parity calculation to reduce CPU utilization from the host PC. RAID controller cards are unnecessary.
To satisfy the need for performance demanding applications, the unit is bundled with a 2-port PCIe 2.0 x1 eSATA controller card with SATA 6.0 Gbps (6G) support (RR622 controller card). PCIe 2.0 is capable of providing twice the bandwidth of PCIe 1.0, allowing over 200MB/s in performance. The unit is also backward compatible with PCIe 1.0 slots to provide eSATA connectivity for computers that do not have built-in eSATA ports. Designed with easy installation in mind, the TR5UT+ allows effortless installation by simply inserting the hard drive tray (with the hard drives installed) after opening the attractive ventilating door. The TR5UT+ is the ultimate RAID storage for all storage needs.
The use of enterprise hard drives is recommended when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance.
- Hardware RAID, supporting RAID 0, 1, 10, 3, 5+hot spare, JBOD and CLONE.
- Over 200MB/s read and 170MB/s write performance.
- eSATA and USB 3.0 interfaces.
- Backward compatible with USB 2.0.
- Bundled with SATA 6.0Gbps PCIe 2.0 x1 controller card. Supports PCIe 2.0 with over 200MB/s performance. Backward compatible with PCIe 1.0 slot.
- True hardware RAID design within the enclosure. No driver and additional RAID controller needed.
- New CLONE mode (N-way Mirror) – all the hard drives connected could be mirrored. CLONE mode is especially useful when users would like to copy data form one hard drive to several hard drives at the same time.
- Supports SATA I (1.5Gb/s) and SATA II (3Gb/s) hard drives.
- Over 2TB per volume via eSATA and USB on OS that supports 2TB or above.
- Automatic insertion / removal detection and rebuild.
- Hardware RAID with standard interface. No extra drivers required.
- Five hot-swappable hard drive trays included for easy trouble shooting.
- Compact and stylish 5-bay tower design with protective ventilating cover.
- RAID Level: 0, 1, 10, 3, 5, Clone (N-way Mirror) with Hot Spare and JBOD
- Maximum Capacity: 15TB
- Auto Rebuilding: Yes
- Hot-Spare: Yes
- Host Interface & Transfer Rate: USB 3.0 (backward compatible with USB 2.0) and eSATA
- Cooling Fan: 4.7″ Ball Bearing
- Safety Regulations: CE, FCC, UL, RoHS
- Package Contents: TR5UT+ (1), Hard Drive Trays (5), Power Cord (1), eSATA Cable (1), USB 3.0 Cable (1), PCIe 2.0 x1 2-port eSATA 6Gbps Controller Card (1) , Screws (1 set), Quick Installation Manual & CD (1)